Service Support Manager
Job Reference: 131304634
Service Support Manager
Clerk Grade 5/6
Department of Communities and Justice
Do you consider yourself to be an excellent communicator who can work across a range of stakeholders?
Are you system savvy and thrive on working through competing priorities?
Ongoing opportunities in Nowra and Shellharbour!
Temporary opportunity for up to 6 months in Queanbeyan!
Salary range: $85,488 - $94,327 p.a. plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) directly supports approximately 800,000 people every year and reaches a further million people through local community-based programs.
About the Opportunity
The Service Support Manager supervises and leads a team that provides administration support to staff and Community Services clients. Your day will be filled with planning, managing, monitoring and reporting on the administrative and site management functions of the Community Service Centre (CSC).This will include but not be limited to providing high level administration support, data analysis, budgeting and financials. You will be responsible for the induction of new staff members and for leading and supporting the development of the Administration team members who will report to you.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualities:
• Previous experience managing staff
• Previous administration support at a high level
• Strong negotiation and Influencing skills
• Excellent communicator and building and managing strong relationships.
What we can offer you
- DCJ Clerk Grade 5/6. Salary range $85,488 - $94,327 p.a. plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 4 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Opportunities for learning and development and Internal career progression
Ongoing roles are in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A Recruitment Pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if and as they arise.
The Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 requires persons engaged in children related work to have working with Children clearances.
If successful in this role you will be required to provide a Working with Children Check clearance number prior to commencing in the role. To obtain further information and to apply for a WWCC clearance please click here.
How to apply
Only online applications will be accepted. To apply, please click “Apply Online”.
• Upload an up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
• Submit a covering letter (2 pages maximum) which includes a response to the two (2) targeted questions below
1. Please describe a time, from your recent work experience, where you managed competing priorities with firm deadlines. How did you approach the situation, what systems did you develop to support the outcome if any and what was the outcome?
2. What are your most effective techniques for developing a team with varying levels of skill and ability? Please provide an example of a time when you successfully implemented these techniques.
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013, therefore you may be contacted to participate. You may also be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form in later stages of the assessment process.
Find out more
Click here to view the role description.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
Please submit your application online including the information outlined above.
If you experience technical difficulties when submitting your application, please contact ‘I Work for NSW’ on P: 1800 562 679.
Closing date: Friday 10 April 20 @11.59pm
For enquiries: Nowra Shellharbour: Tamara Trembath on 42556746
Queanbeyan: Annie Paton on 0409 045 996
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
DCJ is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
DCJ encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.
Never provide banking details or payment when applying for a job.
Please report broken or suspicious ads.
I work for NSW | NSW Government
Manager Casework Clerk Grade 9 Ongoing Full Time Are you an experienced child and family
Life Without Barriers
Opportunity for an experienced Therapist to join our MST-CAN team in a Full Time contract role through